The 2017 IPAL Conference will be held at Grand View University in Des Moines, Iowa on Thursday, May 18. Registration is now open. Please make checks payable to Iowa Private Academic Libraries and send to Mary Anne Knefel before May 10!
Grandview University will host our annual meeting and conference in their student center. For information on parking, please consult This Map.
The Schedule for the day will be as follows:
- 9:15am - Registration and Breakfast
- 10:00am - Welcome
- 10:15am - Morning Session
- Noon - Lunch
- 1:15pm - Business Meeting
- 2:00pm - “IPAL Reads” Small Group Article Discussions
- 3:00pm - Break
- 3:15pm - Roundtable Discussions
- 4:15pm - Wrap-up
- 4:30-6:00pm - Reception
To participate in one of the roundtable reading discussions, please select one of the following articles to read and be ready to discuss that afternoon!"
- Jason Martin, "That's How We Do Things Around Here" In the Library with the Lead Pipe, 2012.
- Charles Duhigg, "What Google Learned in its Quest to Build the Perfect Team" The New York Times Magazine, 2016.
- Alia Wong, "The Absurdity of College Admissions" The Atlantic, 2016.
- Barbara Fister, "Liberating Knowledge: A Librarian's Manifesto for Change" Thought & Action, 2010.